Andrew House is the former President and Group CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE). He was appointed to this position in 2011, after former President Kaz Hirai became the Chairman of the company. Mr. House left the position at the end of 2017.
Andrew House, was born on January 23, 1965 in Wales. House graduated from Oxford University with a Bachelor’s degree in English and Literature. After graduating, he moved to Japan and taught for two years in Japanese high schools through a Japanese exchange and teaching program.
After his term as a teacher ended, House remained in Tokyo and in 1990 started at Sony in the corporate communications department. In 1995, he moved to the SCEI marketing and communications department, where he played a pivotal role in the marketing and launch of the original PlayStation console.
Within a year of the PlayStation’s successful launch, House was promoted to vice president of marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment America, during the company’s first attempts to branch out into the North American market. In the years following the PlayStation’s release, House led Sony’s efforts to market the upcoming PlayStation 2 and the PlayStation Portable.
For his work marketing the PlayStation line, in 2005 House was promoted to Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) of Sony Corporation, extending his control over the marketing of the Sony brand worldwide. In 2009, House was promoted yet again to President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, and led the company’s branding campaigns for the PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Network. In September of 2011, House took on the role of president and group CEO of SCEI after his predecessor, Kaz Hirai, became the chairman of the company. House made appearances at conventions and conventions in the early years of his time as group CEO to announce and promote the PlayStation 4 console.
News Related to Andrew House
- Former PlayStation boss predicts rise of game streaming
- PlayStation President Andrew House steps down
- PlayStation boss can see limited potential for handheld gaming
- PlayStation 4 hits 50 million sales worldwide
- PS4 Pro aims at PC gamer market
- PS4 Pro and Slim models officially announced
- PS4 Neo Officially Confirmed
- PS4 Sells 40M and is Only Console to Grow in 2016 UK Sales
- Star Wars Battlefront VR Announced as PS4 Exclusive
- PlayStation VR is Coming in October 2016 for $399
- Sony Exec Admits PS VR Less Powerful than Oculus
- Playstation VR Price and Release Date Rumours
- Sony Merges Two Major Divisions
- Hideo Kojima to Open Sony Exclusive Kojima Productions
- PS4 Hits 30 Million Units Sold Worldwide