Reality Labs, previously known as Facebook Reality Labs, and before that as Oculus VR, is a US-based start-up technology company, founded by Palmer Luckey and Brendan Iribe. In March 2014, Facebook acquired Oculus VR for US$2.3 billion. In August 2020, Oculus VR was renamed to Facebook Reality Labs, and in October 2021, it was renamed to Reality Labs.
The first product of the company called the Oculus Rift Development Kit was released in 2013. The further development of the product, and the second installment of the Rift, the Development Kit 2, was released in 2014. The commercial version of Oculus Rift virtual reality headset was released on March 28, 2016. The company has further developed Quest and Quest 2.
19800 MacArthur Blvd,
Irvine, CA 92612,
Phone: +1 949-274-9947
Read all related articles >>
- Oculus VR studio renamed to Facebook Reality Labs - Aug 26, 2020
- Sony reportedly increasing PlayStation 5 console production - Jul 15, 2020
- The Oculus Go headset has been discontinued - Jun 24, 2020
- John Carmack changes his role at Oculus to Consulting CTO - Nov 14, 2019
- Oculus co-founder Brendan Iribe leaves the company - Oct 23, 2018
- Oculus Quest to compete with Nintendo Switch - Sep 29, 2018
- Judge revises the terms of ZeniMax’s win against Facebook - Jun 28, 2018
- Creator of Oculus Rift is now hiring for defense technology company - Oct 24, 2017
- Sony ships over 500,000 PSVRs in 3 months from June - Sep 24, 2017
- The price for Oculus Rift including Touch drops to $399 - Jul 10, 2017