Palmer Freeman Luckey is the inventor of Oculus Rift, a consumer Virtual Reality (VR) head-mounted monitor, and the founder of Oculus VR company, which was acquired by Facebook (Meta) and later renamed Reality Labs.
Mr. Luckey was born in 1992, in Long Beach, California. From an early age, Palmer Luckey had a great interest in virtual reality, and he built on his own many experimental prototypes, before coming up with the Oculus Rift model.
Profiles and Links:
- Oculus VR studio renamed to Facebook Reality Labs - Aug 26, 2020
- Nintendo PlayStation prototype buyer won’t let it be forgotten - Mar 11, 2020
- Oculus founder says VR isn’t good enough to go mainstream - Oct 31, 2018
- Creator of Oculus Rift is now hiring for defense technology company - Oct 24, 2017
- ZeniMax claim Samsung Gear VR secretly planned at id Software - May 16, 2017
- Palmer Luckey ousted from Oculus - Apr 3, 2017
- Facebook Loses $500 Million in Oculus Virtual Reality Case - Feb 5, 2017
- Sony Exec Admits PS VR Less Powerful than Oculus - Mar 10, 2016
- Palmer Luckey Discusses Oculus Rift - Mar 8, 2016
- Oculus Rift to be More Powerful than Playstation VR - Jan 11, 2016