Respawn Entertainment is a video game developer company based in Los Angeles, California. It was founded in 2010 by two prominent game developers, Jason West and Vince Zampella, who are behind the creation of the Call of Duty series when they were working at Infinity Ward before 2010. Jason West and Vince Zampella have been dismissed from Infinity Ward by the management of Activision, the publisher of the Call of Duty series.
After forming Respawn Entertainment, West and Zampella have applied for funding at Electronic Arts Partners Program and got approval for developing a new IP, Titanfall.
In 2017, Electronic Arts has acquired Respawn Entertainment.
Read all related news...
- Vince Zampella takes over Battlefield 2042 leadership - Dec 5, 2021
- Titanfall is finally being pulled from storefronts - Dec 2, 2021
- Apex Legends comes to Nintendo Switch on March 9, 2021 - Feb 4, 2021
- EA to bring 7 games to Nintendo Switch in next 12 months - Jun 19, 2020
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order was the start of new franchise - May 10, 2020
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order reaches 8 million units sold - Jan 31, 2020
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order gameplay coming next month - May 6, 2019
- Apex Legends reaches 50 million players - Mar 5, 2019
- Apex Legends had 2.5 million players on launch day - Feb 8, 2019
- New game Apex Legends gain 1 million players in 8 hours - Feb 5, 2019