Having already been delayed past their planned release date of Monday 30th November, the charts are reported to have been pushed back to an undisclosed date later in the first week of December.
Sales charts are a highly useful aspect of the games industry for both retailers and publishers alike. The number of copies a game sells is the most accurate way of measuring a game’s success.
Publishers have been left wondering about how well physical copies of their games sold over the Black Friday period. MCV was told by one publisher that the chart’s delay had caused ‘havoc’ with their weekend sales forecasts.
GfK Chart-Track blamed the delay on a key retailer failing to provide their data due to a technical system failure. They are ‘working around the clock’ to release the chart when possible.
On Wednesday morning, GfK Chart-Track has finally counted and published the results, below is the Retail Top 10 Chart of Best Selling Video Games:
1. Fifa 16 – EA Sports
2. Call Of Duty: Black Ops 3 – Activision
3. Star Wars Battlefront – EA Games
4. Fallout 4 – Bethesda Softworks
5. Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection – Sony Computer Ent.
6. Grand Theft Auto V – Rockstar
7. Minecraft: Story Mode – Telltale Games
8. Halo 5: Guardians – Microsoft
9. Rise Of The Tomb Raider – Square Enix
10. Forza Motorsport 6 – Microsoft