Oculus Rift is virtual reality (VR) headset developed by Oculus VR. It was initially funded via a Kickstarter campaign, where it managed to raise US$2.5 million for development of the product. Oculus Rift is scheduled for release on 28 March 2016. The headset currently can be pre-ordered for retail price of $599.99.
Oculus Rift has the following hardware and system requirements:
- Video Card NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD R9 290 equivalent or greater
- CPU Intel i5-4590 equivalent or greater
- Memory 8GB+ RAM
- Video Output Compatible HDMI 1.3 video output
- USB Ports 3x USB 3.0 ports plus 1x USB 2.0 port
- OS Windows 7 SP1 64 bit or newer
Related News and Articles
- Judge revises the terms of ZeniMax’s win against Facebook
- VR headsets pass 1 million shipments in a single quarter
- Is VR worth your money this Christmas?
- Oculus reveal a standalone virtual reality headset
- Sony ships over 500,000 PSVRs in 3 months from June
- The price for Oculus Rift including Touch drops to $399
- PlayStation VR sold over 1 million units
- Virtual Reality: A Personal Perspective
- Will Sony show their faith in PlayStation VR?
- Facebook Loses $500 Million in Oculus Virtual Reality Case
- New Xbox One Console Version Info Leaks
- 11% of Consumers Want to Buy Virtual Reality Gear
- Oculus Rift Shortages: Orders won’t Ship Until August
- Why Was the Launch of PlayStation VR Pushed Back?
- HTC Vive Preorders Launch With Issues
- Oculus Rift Consumer Launch is a ‘Beta’ Says GAME Chief
- Oculus Rift Reviews Start Arriving
- What Are The Different Ways to Experience VR?
- 3 Reasons VR May Be Hard to Take Off
- Analyst Predicts Mainstream Success for Playstation VR Only
- Oculus Confirms Games Line Up at Launch
- VR: The Potential Applications in Gaming and Beyond
- Sony Exec Admits PS VR Less Powerful than Oculus
- What Type of Gamer will You be in 2016?
- Palmer Luckey Discusses Oculus Rift
- Time to Pre-Order – HTC Vive vs Oculus Rift
- Playstation VR Price and Release Date Rumours
- What Oculus Rift’s Pricing Can Teach About Setting Expectations
- Industry Survey Reveals Doubled VR Interest, while Nintendo Declines
- Oculus Rift to be More Powerful than Playstation VR