User Signup

Qiiwi Games acquires Playright Games

Playright Games - Logo

It has been announced that a significant majority stake in British hypercasual developer Playright Games has been acquired by Swedish mobile studio Qiiwi Games for the sum of $1.1 million.

The deal sees Qiiwi Games acquire 63.75 percent of the shares in Playright Games. The initial purchase cost to Qiiwi Games for this is $540,000. The remaining 36.25 percent in shares will be acquired for an extra $500,000 should Playright Games meet specific revenue requirements in the future. This is a fairly standard deal and incentivizes the developer to perform well for the extra cash.

Qiiwi Games will also now be acting as the publisher for all of Playright Games’ titles. The company will also be offering support in marketing, analysis, optimization, and user acquisition. All of this will help Playright Games earn more revenue and meet the targets set for them.

Playright Games was founded in 2017 by Kristina Trenkova, Daniel Rechter, and Evtim Trenkov. In the past, Trenkov has held positions with Gameloft, NaturalMotion, a subsidiary of Zynda, and Square Enix in an array of product management and game design roles.

Rechter co-founded Big Blue Parrot prior to Playright Games, which is the studio behind the fairly successful Poker Friends. The studio was later acquired by Playtika due to its success.

The founders are all incredibly excited to begin working with Qiiwi Games. The expertise on offer will help the studio grow and adopt more followers and fans for its games as it moves forward.

The mobile games market is already packed, but there’s still room for new games to break in and become successful. It happens all the time, particularly when companies like Qiiwi Games are involved. It takes expertise and experience to help games realize their potential in the market these days, and that’s exactly what this new partnership will achieve under Qiiwi Games.

This will also bolster the offering that Qiiwi Games has in the market, giving it more revenue streams to benefit from in the mobile market, a market that shows no signs of slowing down and is growing faster than most others.

Related Topics: , ,

Comments are closed.