User Signup

Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy keeps the top – July 7, 2018

2. Jurassic World: Evolution
Frontier Developments
Jurassic World Evolution
3. The Crew 2
The Crew 2
4. FIFA 18
EA Sports
Fifa 18
5. Mario Tennis Aces
Mario Tennis Aces
6. God of War
God of War
7. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
8.Far Cry 5
Far Cry 5
9. Star Wars Battlefront 2
Electronic Arts
Star Wars Battlefront 2
10. Fallout 4
Fallout 4

Source(s): UKIE, WholesGame

Week ending on July 7, 2018, the UK’s Top 10 chart of the best selling retail and wholesale video games, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Xbox One and Nintendo Switch platforms keep the top of charts. Newly released Jurassic World: Evolution takes the second position. The Crew 2 is pushed down to the third position of the charts.

Jurassic World Evolution has made it to second place in the UK physical sales charts, just behind Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy. There were only 3,000 units between the two games, but Crash Bandicoot is clearly once again winning over consumers thanks to nostalgia and now being available on PC, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.

Playstation 4 sales for Jurassic World Evolution, from developers Frontier and Sold Out, were around 60 percent of the game’s overall sales. This leaves just 40 percent for the Xbox One version, showing a clear preference for platform despite the current issues surrounding Sony and cross-play.

The PC version of Jurassic World Evolution launched on the 12th of June and is still one of the best selling games on PC right now. Taking this into account it’s safe to surmise that Jurassic World Evolution probably belongs at the top of the UK sales chart if digital sales were to be included.

The Xbox One version of Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy is still outselling other version in the UK, though it does have a larger install base than the Nintendo Switch. In Europe the situation is very different, with the Nintendo Switch version proving to be far more popular.

The Crew 2 dropped to fourth place in the chart this week, and experienced a decrease in sales of 45 percent. This figure is quite high for second week sales, but since the game doesn’t do anything to stand out of the crowd it would make sense that it disappears from the chart quickly.

Mario Tennis Aces has also fallen down the chart, this time to fifth place. Considering the marketing for the game is still quite heavy it appears as though a combination of higher interested in the World Cup, and the lack of a serious UK competitor at Wimbledon, has led to more interest in FIFA 18, currently in third place.

Next week there will be a number of new releases for Nintendo Switch, including Octopath Traveller, Captain Toad, and the LEGO Incredibles game. These titles should prove to shake the chart up from what it is now.

Related Topics:

Comments are closed.