User Signup

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare released and took the top

2. FIFA 20
EA Sports
3. WWE 2K20
2K Games
WWE 2K20
4. The Outer Worlds
Take Two Interactive
The Outer Worlds
5. MediEvil
6. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
7. Ring Fit Adventure
Ring Fit Adventure
10. Minecraft
Minecraft - Xbox One

Source(s): UKIE, WholesGame

Week ending on October 26, 2019, the UK’s Top 10 chart of the best selling retail and wholesale video games, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has released and took the top of the UK physical charts by storm. FIFA 20 has slipped down to the second position. The newly released WWE 2K20 has landed in the third place.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has delivered amazing launch sales for publisher Activision. In physical sales alone the title sold 39 percent more units than Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, the last game in the franchise, in its opening week.

While sales for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare aren’t as high as those for Call of Duty: WW2, the sales are much closer with digital units also taken into account. However, the full extent of the game’s digital sales won’t be revealed until later this week when the GSD charts arrive.

62 percent of all copies of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare were sold for PlayStation 4, which has a larger number of users as well as an exclusive Spec Ops mode. The remaining 38 percent of sales were for Xbox One.

Modern Warfare’s arrival pushes FIFA 20 down into second place in the chart. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Edition fell from second to sixth, even though sales for the game increased by 2 percent week-on-week.

Other than FIFA 20, the rest of the top five are all new releases this week. WWE 2K20 takes third place, but sales are down by 31 percent on the previous game in the franchise. The game went viral on social media after the bugs and glitches that players were experiencing started to be shared, and as a result many fans are unhappy with the release. Similarly to Modern Warfare, 62 percent of copies sold were for PlayStation 4, and 38 percent were for Xbox One.

Obsidian Entertainment’s The Outer Worlds entered the chart in fourth place. The game was highly anticipated by Fallout New Vegas fans, while other consumers seem to be unhappy with the restricted open world sections. However, with few big releases for Christmas this year, the game has been pegged as a breakout hit for 2019. Due to the game being available on the Xbox Games Pass it seems as though Xbox One sales are down, with 22 percent of all copies purchased for the console, and the other 78 percent for PlayStation 4.

The final new game for the week is the remake of MediEvil for PlayStation 4. The game is a remake of a PlayStation 1 classic, much like Spyro Reignited Trilogy, and Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy. However MediEvil was never as popular as either of these other critically-acclaimed remakes, which is why it has launched with a £25 price tag.

Last week’s new release for Nintendo Switch, Ring Fit Adventure, performed better in its second week. Sales increased by 5 percent week-on-week, but still dropped to seventh place in the chart.

Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville also did better in its second week, with sales rising by 12 percent week-on-week. However, the title still dropped from sixth to ninth this week with the slew of new games.

A more extended list of top sellers can be found here.

Related Topics:

Comments are closed.